farm & fibre Mill
"Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you"
"Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021!"
Did you know our doors first opened to the public in June 2019? After years of planning and preparation our first (half) year we were off to a great start and were excited for what 2020 would bring - did someone say pandemic? The Year 2020 will go down in history as a challenging one. Of course, 2020 also taught us all how to persevere and adapt. We are thankful for our community and friends who were behind us all the way. As they say 'it takes a village' and we had a great 2020 season, despite everything thrown our way.
We would just like to say "Goodbye 2020, Hello 2021". This year marks our second full season we are open for business. Our alpaca blend yarns and rovings are gaining popularity with customers coast to coast. Yarn & roving production is underway in the mill as we speak, as we prepare for our spring launch. Our creativity doesn't stop there, plans are currently underway to offer a variety of fibre workshops through our new addition Studio65. Of course, we are still keeping our fingers (& toes) crossed we will be able to re-initiate small group tours this season. Of course a day on the farm means always planning ahead for our hay and fibre harvest which are underway as well. Watch for our announcement of the spring re-opening date of our Country Farm Store and for 2021 events. Let's make 2021 our best season yet together!
A Few Things To Know Before You Visit - Stay Safe
To ensure the safety of all who visit this season, please ensure you review and comply with the following:
* Face masks are required to worn by adults and children who visit our farm store and while on farm property.
* Hand sanitization is required and available in our store for your use.
* If you have been exposed to someone with COVID19 or suspect you may have COVID19 or its' symptoms, please stay
home. We are here from April to December so you have plenty of time to plan another visit.
* Limit of 5 customers in our Country Farm Store at any given time.
* Maintain social distance by keeping 6 feet apart at all times on farm property.
* Contactless payment is preferred. We accept Debit (up to $100) Visa and Mastercard.
* Additional COVID19 guidance will be implemented and in place as required by public health.
* We reserve the right to refuse service if COVID19 guidance is not followed by visitors.
* Visits to the farm are permitted during operating hours in designated areas (Farm Store) only.
* Respect and follow farm signage and keep gates closed at all times.
* Family pets are NOT allowed on farm property for the safety of our herd and your pet.
* Smoking or vaping is NOT permitted on farm property.
* Proper footwear (close toed shoes/boots) is required while on farm property.
* Children must be supervised at all times while in farm store and on farm property.
* Do not enter the farm property outside of operating hours as Guard Dogs are on duty.
* Our Crew (alpacas) can frequently be viewed from our farm store observation deck during operating hours.
* The Crew DOES NOT allow you to pet them - they are fibre producers (livestock) and that's hard work. :-)
* The Crew DOES like having their pictures taken - feel free - and share your favourites with us too!
* Do NOT feed The Crew - unless under the supervision of farm staff.
* Visitors cannot walk in our pastures freely with the alpacas without supervision from farm staff when available.
A Few Final Words
* Ability to schedule public or private farm tour dates will be based on public health guidance for COVID19.
* No public washrooms are available at this time due to COVID19.
* We are fibre producers and like to call ourselves "Yarn Farmers". This means we do not sell fruit or vegetables. :-)
See you in
COUNTRY FARM STORE CLOSED for the Season
Our Country Farm Store is closed for in person shopping until April 2021. Come experience the difference at Twin Pines Alpacas and learn why #alpacalove everything. The winter break gives us a chance to relax, and mill new products for you for the upcoming season. Watch for our re-opening announcement - which should be just around the time of the spring thaw. Check back often for details on our reopening date and in the meantime, shop online with us!
On Line Shopping Open Year Round
On Line Shopping Open Year Round & We Pay to Ship
Our on-line store is open for business year round. Plus, we continue to take orders for custom yarn order services - so if you stash runs out, or you just need something, feel free to write us an email to see what we have or what we can do for you! ([email protected]) Otherwise, please shop with us ONLINE, we appreciate the ongoing support and yes we PAY TO SHIP TO YOU!